R.A. Gamagami, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified practicing general surgeon in New Lenox, Illinois. He has spent over twenty-five years providing surgical services to patients in academic, rural and urban settings. With his extensive credentials, surgical talent and compassionate bedside manner, Dr. Gamagami has truly distinguished himself as one of the area’s most trusted and requested general surgeons.
Keeping at the forefront of medicine’s most current advances to provide superior patient outcomes, comfort and satisfaction, Dr. Gamagami has pioneered many advanced surgical procedures, being the first in the Chicago southwest suburban and Joliet metropolitan areas to offer and perform:
- First surgical practice to offer single-incision cholecystectomy (gallbladder surgery);
- First surgical practice to offer minimally invasive gallbladder and colon surgeries using the robotic da Vinci® Surgical System;
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy;
- First major liver resection using the Habib technique (radio frequency assisted liver resection);
- Mammosite (5-day targeted radiation for breast cancer);
- First surgical practice to offer and utiilize BRACAnalysis® (genetic testing for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer [HBOC] syndrome);
- First to offer MammaPrint (genomic testing for breast cancer to help provide unique and targeted treatment to breast cancer patients based on personal risks for recurrence);
- The only gastrointestinal board certified surgeon in Will County who has be given the designation of a Total Mesorectal Excision (TME) surgeon. TME is now considered the gold standard for tumors of the middle and the lower rectum.
- First surgical practice to offer ColonRing Compression Anastomosis (technique using a medical device that helps your body heal after colon surgery with minimized risk of complications); and
- Minimally invasive gallbladder and colon surgeries using the robotic da Vinci® Surgical System.
- First in Will County to offer LINX®, an innovative treatment for chronic heartburn.
Due to his extensive training and expertise in robotic surgery, Dr. Gamagami has been appointed as an Epicenter Surgeon for da Vinci Surgical. Surgeons come from across North and South America every week to learn from Dr. Gamagami, who uses robotic technology for general, colon and rectal surgery. Dr. Gamagami was the first surgeon to perform the area’s first Single-Site da Vinci® Si Cholecystectomy (robotic gallbladder surgery) at Silver Cross Hospital and is a leading expert for this and other digestive disorder surgeries in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. Epicenter surgeons, like Dr. Gamagami, act as mentors for newly trained da Vinci® robotic surgeons to promote ongoing learning.
Dr. Gamagami performs a full range of digestive surgeries: Esophagectomy, Gastrectomy, Nissen, Complex and Redo Paraesophagealhernia, Cholecystectomy (Single Port), Colectomy (right, left, sigmoid and rectal) with both stapled and intracorporeal anastomosis, liver resection, distal pancreatectomy with or without spleen preservation, hernias (inguinal, ventral, incisional, paracolostomy, paraileostomy, and total mesorectal excision.
View Dr. Gamagami’s curriculum vitae here.
Laura Ragauskaite, M.D., F.A.C.S. is a board-certified practicing general surgeon and is the Medical Director for The Breast Center at Silver Cross Hospital’s Center for Women’s Health.
Dr. Ragauskaite completed her general surgery residency in 2011 at the University of Illinois in Chicago after receiving her Doctor of Medicine in 2006 from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/Chicago Medical School.
Dr. Ragauskaite has been published in several peer-reviewed journals and has been awarded for her presentation given to the Chicago Colon and Rectal Society titled The Fate of The Anal Transition Zone After Stapled Ileal-Pouch Anal Restorative Proctocolectomy For Ulcerative Colitis. She also served as principle investigator at the University of Chicago in her research The Fate of Transition Zone and Long-Term Outcomes after the Restorative Proctocolectomy with Stapled Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis as a Surgical Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: A Prospective Study of 200 Patients.
Dr. Ragauskaite has worked as a hospice volunteer and an AIDS educator serving in an underprivileged urban community.
In addition to being part of the general surgery team at Progressive Surgical Associates, Dr. Ragauskaite serves as the Medical Director for The Breast Center located in the Silver Cross Center for Women’s Health. There she provides surgical care for breast patients as part of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to women’s health.
Dr. Ragauskaite is originally from Lithuania and is fluent in English, Lithuanian, Russian and conversational Spanish. Her interests include Crossfit, sports, reading, and languages.
You may view Dr. Laura Ragauskaite CV here.
Erik Borncamp, M.D., F.A.C.S., general surgeon with Progressive Surgical Associates also serves as Medical Director for The Wound Center at Silver Cross Hospital.
Dr. Borncamp received his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School/RF University of Health Sciences in 1996. He returned to his home state of California for his general surgery internship at Huntington Memorial Hospital/University of Southern California in Pasdena and returned to Chicago for his general surgery residency at Mt. Sinai Hospital Medical Center.
Dr. Borncamp has over fifteen years’ experience as a general surgeon, serving both rural and urban communities as a general and trauma surgeon. He has served as the Director of Trauma Surgery at Provena Medical Center and participated in several committees including the American College of Sugeons Commission on Cancer as a Cancer Liaison Physician, served on several steering committees at Provena Mercy Medical Center including the Quality Improvement and Peer Review Committee, the CME Coordinating Committee and has served as Mount Sinai Resident’s Organization’s Steering Committee President.
Dr. Borncamp has received several distinctions including the RISE Award for Respect and Guardian Angel Award for Patient Satisfaction at Provena Mercy Medical Center, Chief Administrative Resident at Mount Sinai Hospital and Intern of the Year at Huntington Memorial Hospital.
You may view Dr. Erik Borncamp CV here.